- Support: support.skywarriorthemes.com
To view this theme in its full beauty please use Chrome or Firefox. IE makes kittens cry and everybody loves kittens... right?
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For more info on how to install WordPress please see the WordPress Codex: http://codex.WordPress.org/Installing_WordPress
Extract the zipped package downloaded from ThemeForest to your desktop, in the extracted package you will find the FundingPress.zip file which is the WordPress theme.
You can install the theme in two ways:
FTP: Extract FundingPress.zip file and upload the extracted folder to the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
WordPress: Navigate to the Appearance -> Add New Themes -> Upload page. Select the FundingPress.zip file. Press the Install Now button to upload and install the theme.
After uploading the theme, you have to activate it. Navigate to the Appearance -> Themes page to activate the theme.
Changing the URL structure
To change the URL structure so the URL looks more user-friendly (also is better for SEO) navigate to Settings -> Permalinks and under 'Common Settings' select 'Post name' or any other option EXCEPT default.
Installing the demo data - One Click Install
To do this you will need to head to Theme options -> One click install:
Once there, click on the import button. Please do not navigate outside the page once the data is importing.
After the data is successfully installed a success message should pop up and the button should be grayed out.
Remember to use admin/admin for login after demo import.
Admin panel options
To customize the look and feel of FundingPress you need to use the Theme Options panel:
Inside the General Settings tab you will be able to customize the logo and default page image by uploading your own images.
Turn off and on social login in this tab. You will also be able to input the social app settings you will need to be able to use social login.
All the settings related to the crowdfunding side of the theme.
You can enter and enable or disable your social links in this category.
Look and feel customization options for the theme.
Information related to the footer: copyright text, privacy and terms links.
The plugin used in this theme is the LayerSlider Premium WP slider which you can find by clicking here
You can find the documentation of the slider by clicking on the documentation link on the top right side when creating a slide.
Google fonts are included in the theme! Now you can choose between more than 600 fonts from Google databases.
To do this click on Google fonts tab in the main menu of Wordpress. You will be able to choose different fonts and sizes for the headers and body fonts.
How to create a page (with page builder)
Creating pages is now easier than ever with the Visual composer page builder:
- You can edit your page using Visual Composer.
- A lot of different blocks available for creating page.
- For example, projects block has additional settings where you can set block title, project category, pick number of slide projects or static projects.
- You can also choose if only static or slide projects will be shown. Or, if you like it, you can put both
- Save your changes and enjoy in new look.
The projects can be managed from the project page which you can access by clicking on the project tab in your WordPress admin panel.
In this page you will be able to monitor everything about the projects.
There are 2 different types of project pages
- All projects: It will show all the projects with a jquery tab that will sort them out by category. You can create this page by selecting 'All projects page' in the page template
- Categorized: This page shows all the projects from one particular category. You can set it up by adding a category to the menu.
- IMPORTANT: please note that if you want to set up the maximum number of projects per page, you also need to set up the same number in 'Blog pages show at most' in the WP Reading settings. This is because of a WP bug not related to the theme. (I forgot to mention this in the video)
Important things you should know about projects
- Please enable the option of 'Anyone can register' in WP admin settings
- Change the 'New User Default Role' to Contributor under WP admin settings
- After a user submits a new project it will have pending status, which you will be able to see under the status column. You will need to review the project and approve it before it goes live.
- When somebody donates to a project you will be able to see who did it by editing the project. Also, you will have the option of collecting the fundings or not.
- New on 2.0: Add the % of admin comission under theme option.
- All the fundings collected will go to the Paypal account you set up in funding settings.
- This possibility of collecting the fundings when you want means that you have the option of choosing if you want to keep the earnings or not if the project isn't funded.
- In the Theme Options panel there is an option to switch on and off: 'ENABLE COLLECT FUNDINGS':
- If the option is enabled: project owner can collect at any time like the admin (regardless the project is sucessful or not)
- If the option is disabled : project owner can collect only if project is successful
Funding settings - How to set up Paypal
- You will need a premier or business account: You can click here if you don't know how to set up a business account
- You can also use Paypal Sandbox for testing purposes: Click here to see how to set up a Paypal Sandbox account
Funding settings - How to set up WePay (USA only)
- You will have to register here
- You can also use WePay stage for testing purposes: Click here to go to WePay stage page.
Funding settings - How to set up Stripe
- You can manage live or test mode from dashboard.
- Make sure you fill all required data, and don't forget redirect URI's.
The price tables can be accessed from back end sidemenu button. You will have to create one, put some info in tables and publish it.
Once you have created one, simply copy the shortcode and paste it in the page where you want it to appear
To create a price table you need to:
- Click on the Portfolio link in the WP menu in your admin panel.
- Add a new table
- Start adding columns and add the information you want
- You can drag the columns and rows to re-arrange them.
- You can also add more features with the add link
- Once happy click on publish
- On the right side, under the publish button you will notice a code:
- Copy it and paste it in the page you want the table to appear. You can use text block for this
This template supports 2 widget sidebards:for the blog and for the footer.
Adding widgets is very easy, just head to 'Appearance' and then 'Widgets'.
Here you will be able to drag and drop the widgets that you want in one of the 2 sidebars.
What we can help you with
We can help you with any questions about how the theme works and any bugs or errors you might find, for example:
- Which file is some particular code in?
- What can the theme do (or not do)?
- Are there future updates and enhancements planned?
- I found a bug/error!, etc.
What we cannot help you with
Themeforest does not require authors to give support in any way shape or form, nor does your purchase of a ThemeForest item come with any guarantee of support in any way. However, we still spend a great deal of time each week providing support to you guys because it's important to us that you guys get a top-notch product and service.
That said, it is not feasible for me time-wise to provide support beyond questions about how the theme works and fixing any bugs or errors. This includes:
- Customizing the theme
- Adding or modifying the theme functionality
- Teaching you how to use WordPress
- Teaching you how to use Adobe Photoshop or any image editing programs
- Support for external plugins.
Please do not abuse support
This support is provided completely free of charge. Please remember that a customized WordPress design would normally cost $1500-3000, and for $40-50 you are getting a bargain. For this reason, please do not expect us to tailor the theme to your individual needs, it is not physically possible to do this for each of you.
That said, if you find any errors or bugs, don't hesitate to let us know via the support forum and we will try to get it fixed as soon as possible. At the end of the day, we hope you guys enjoy using this template! If you are happy with it, please don't forget to rate it on ThemeForest! (We will love you forever ^^)