- Version: 2.0
- Support: support.skywarriorthemes.com
To view this theme in its full beauty please use Chrome or Firefox. IE makes kittens cry and everybody loves kittens... right?
Installation - Watch video
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For more info on how to install WordPress please see the WordPress Codex: http://codex.WordPress.org/Installing_WordPress
Extract the zipped package downloaded from ThemeForest to your desktop, in the extracted package you will find the Fundingpress.zip file which is the WordPress theme.
You can install the theme in two ways:
FTP: Extract Fundingpress.zip file and upload the extracted folder to the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
WordPress: Navigate to the Appearance -> Add New Themes -> Upload page. Select the Fundingpress.zip file. Press the Install Now button to upload and install the theme.
After uploading the theme, you have to activate it. Navigate to the Appearance -> Themes page to activate the theme.
Changing the URL structure
To change the URL structure so the URL looks more user-friendly (also is better for SEO) navigate to Settings -> Permalinks and under 'Common Settings' select 'Post name' or any other option EXCEPT default.
Admin panel options- Watch video
To customize the look and feel of Fundingpress you need to use the Theme Barracks panel (Theme Options):
Inside the General Settings tab you will be able to customize the logo and favicon (small icon that appears in the browser tab) by uploading your own images. Also there are the blog and project page settings giving you control over the quantity of information being show.
In this div you will be able to choose a body colour and a background for your theme. Currently there is no option to upload your own, but I have provided the .PSD and HTML files so you can change the images and overwrite them. There are a lot of tutorials on Youtube on how to use Photoshop and you can always use the 30 days trial if you don't already have it.
Information related to the footer: copyright text, link, year, privacy link and term link.
In this section you can enter the email and subject of the messages you will receive from the contact page.
You can enter and enable or disable your social links in this category.
Important information that will appear in the project creation page, please be descriptive warning users of terms and conditions or privacy that your site may have (you dont want any legal problems after all do you? :D). HTML only.
Slider - Watch video
The plugin used in this theme is the LayerSlider Premium WP slider which you can find by clicking here
You can find the documentation of the slider by clicking on the documentation link on the top right side when creating a slide.
How to create a page (with page builder) - Watch video
Creating pages is now easier than ever with the page builder:
- Head to the page builder tab inside the WordPress admin panel.
- Add any blocks you want by using drag and drop.
- Customize the block as you want.
- If you want resize them to fit the columns that you select. Please note: do not resize the "Project highlight" and "Projects" blocks, they are made to be full width.
- Save the template.
- Navigate to the page where you want the page template to appear and paste the code in there.
- That's it! You can also add text or a slider to the same page you have the blocks template!
After following the above steps you should have a page template created. Now copy the template id as seen bellow:
How to create the blog page - Watch video
Creating the blog page is very easy. Once you install the theme a category called blog will be automatically created:
- Go to categories and copy its ID from the URL. Check the number after. ex: tag_ID=2 the number we need is 2
- Then head to theme barracks and under general settings paste the ID into "blog category" field
- Click on Save all changes
- Head to the pages tab and create a new page
- Assign blog template to that page
- Publish and all done!
Widgets - Watch video
This template supports two widget sidebards: right side and footer. In both sidebars all the widgets are fully styled, with the exception of the search widget. Please delete the search widget if you haven't done it already. Because this template already has an integrated search, the default search widget from WordPress hasn't been styled and it may cause some trouble.
Adding widgets is very easy, just head to 'Appearance' and then 'Widgets'.
Here you will be able to drag and drop the widgets that you want in one of the two sidebars.
Projects - Watch video
The projects can be managed from the project page which you can access by clicking on the project tab in your WordPress admin panel.
In this page you will be able to monitor everything about the projects.
There are 2 different types of project pages
- All projects: It will show all the projects with a jquery tab that will sort them out by category. You can create this page by selecting 'All projects page' in the page template
- Categorized: This page shows all the projects from one particular category. You can set it up by adding a category to the menu.
- INPORTANT: please note that if you want to set up the maximum number of projects per page, you also need to set up the same number in 'Blog pages show at most' in the WP Reading settings. This is because of a WP bug not related to the theme. (I forgot to mention this in the video)
Important things you should know about projects
- Please enable the option of 'Anyone can register' in WP admin settings
- Change the 'New User Default Role' to Contributor under WP admin settings
- After a user submits a new project it will have pending status, which you will be able to see under the status column. You will need to review the project and approve it before it goes live.
- When somebody donates to a project you will be able to see who did it by editing the project. Also, you will have the option of collecting the fundings or not.
- New on 2.0: Add the % of admin comission under theme option.
- All the fundings collected will go to the Paypal account you set up in funding settings.
- This possibility of collecting the fundings when you want means that you have the option of choosing if you want to keep the earnings or not if the project isn't funded.
- In the Theme Barracks panel there is an option to switch on and off: 'ENABLE COLLECT FUNDINGS':
- If the option is enabled: project owner can collect at any time like the admin (regardless the project is sucessful or not)
- If the option is disabled : project owner can collect only if project is successful
Funding settings - How to set up Paypal
- You will need a premier or business account: You can click here if you don't know how to set up a business account
- You can also use Paypal Sandbox for testing purposes: Click here to see how to set up a Paypal Sandbox account
What I can help you with
I can help you with any questions about how the theme works and any bugs or errors you might find, for example:
- Which file is some particular code in?
- What can the theme do (or not do)?
- Are there future updates and enhancements planned?
- I found a bug/error!, etc.
What I cannot help you with
Themeforest does not require authors to give support in any way shape or form, nor does your purchase of a ThemeForest item come with any guarantee of support in any way. However, I still spend a great deal of time each week providing support to you guys because it's important to me that you guys get a top-notch product and service.
That said, it is not feasible for me time-wise to provide support beyond questions about how the theme works and fixing any bugs or errors. This includes:
- Customizing the theme
- Adding or modifying the theme functionality
- Teaching you how to use WordPress
- Teaching you how to use Adobe Photoshop or any image editing programs
- Support for external plugins.
Please do not abuse support
This support is provided completely free of charge. Please remember that a customized WordPress design would normally cost $1500-3000, and for $40-50 you are getting a bargain. For this reason, please do not expect me to tailor the theme to your individual needs, it is not physically possible to do this for each of you.
That said, if you find any errors or bugs, don't hesitate to let me know via the support forum and I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible. At the end of the day, I hope you guys enjoy using this template! If you are happy with it, please don't forget to rate it on ThemeForest! (I will love you forever ^^)